Détail de l'offre
Offre du 05/03/2023
Référence : UMR5525-MOHCHI-001
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : LA TRONCHE
Date de publication : vendredi 3 mars 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Technique/Administratif
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 mai 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : Gross salary between 2583€ and 2768€
Niveau d'études souhaité : Doctorat
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
BAP : Sciences de l'Ingénieur et instrumentation scientifique
Emploi type : Expert-e en développement d'expérimentation
The research engineer leads the design, execution, and evolution of an experimental platform regarding continuum/flexible, miniaturized robots for medical applications.
The occupation consists in a first place in taking in hand several prototypes developed within the Computer-Assisted Medical Intervention (CAMI) team of TIMC Laboratory, then, in developing innovative components to improve the design, fabrication, and reliability, as well as instrumenting the robots to build.
- Examine the experimental needs of our researchers with respect to the project objectives, draft and write specifications and technical documents.
- Team work with ANR project COSSEROOTS, among others, in order to lead the design, development, and construction of robotic systems, as well as building experimental demonstrators. Participate to integration tests and interpret the results. Handle technical follow-up, including outsourcing when applicable.
- Develop communication interfaces with the robots' actuation modules and instrumentation/measurement systems.
- Maintain the systems/subsystems developed in a sustainable process.
- Propose and conduct projects regarding the development of evolutive tools supporting durable research.
- Actively promote technologies issued from research and contribute to the laboratory/team life.
Required skills (deep knowledge):
- Design and develop mechatronic/robotic systems.
- Have an expert knowledge of computer assisted design (CAD) tools (ie. Solidworks).
- Design, develop, and integrate hardware and software components.
- Engineering science (general knowledge).
- Lead tasks within the project and collaborative work.
- English level at B1 or B2 level (according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Have a good expertise in programming tools and languages (C++, Python, Matlab…).
- Understanding robotics, perception, and control.
- Have a taste for experimentation and technology intelligence.
- Proven autonomy in learning new concepts.
- Ability to team work.
Contexte de travail
Translational Innovation in Medicine and Complexity (TIMC) Laboratory is a research laboratory affiliated with CNRS and Université Grenoble Alpes, among other institutions developing interdisciplinary research within translational research in healthcare. TIMC hosts more than 300 people, in the direct vicinity and in close collaboration with the University Hospital Grenoble Alpes, and groups multidisciplinary skills, illustrated by bringing together researchers and clinicians.
TIMC is a pioneer lab in CAMI (Computer-Assisted Medical Interventions) domain and offers solid expertise in medical robotics with research initiated 30 years ago, coordination of Laboratory of Excellence CAMI, and creation of more than 10 start-ups.
Within ANR project COSSEROOTS, the objective in TIMC is to develop, in the long run, an open experimental platform, dedicated to continuum robots for medical applications. The first steps of this platform started in 2019 with the funding of CNRS (INS2I) and the hiring of a research scientist specialized in continuum robotics.
The goal is to reach reliable design methods, fabrication processes, and instrumentation systems of innovative robots, in order to pave the way for major contributions in targeted, minimally invasive, and safe surgeries. Based on the strong expertise of the ANR project COSSEROOTS consortium, our ambition is to create controlled bench tests, covering the complete robotic paradigm from design to perception, in order to deploy and validate theoretical knowledge in robotic modeling and control.
This work is also to be conducted in close interaction with the objectives of the PIA3 project EQUIPEX+ TIRREX in terms of platform development. This project is conducted by the CNRS, and TIMC is co-conducting the medical robotics activities. We are also in close partnership with CAMI Labex members.
The research engineer will be under the hierarchical responsibility of the local PI of the platform.
lien pour postuler
TIMC - Laboratoire Recherche Translationnelle en Médecine et Complexité
38700 LA TRONCHE
Type de Contrat
Diplômes et Expérience
Outils et Environnements